How to choose visible columns?

citizenten March 26, 2015

In Log view I have visible only Graph and Description columns. Rest are gone (Date, Author...). How to make them visible?

SourceTree: 2.0.5.2 for Mac

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

Probably your Description column is too wide taking up all the space, and the other columns are (invisible) off to the right.  It's tricky to resize the collumn if you can't select it's right border, though.

Try maximizing the window and see if that let's you see the next column.  Shrink the graph column.  Hide the sidebar.  You can even grab the Description column and drag it to the left.  All of those things will give you more space for your oversized Description column, and with any luck that will make it's right border appear.  Then you can just grab that border and resize it.

If you can scroll horizontally (easy to do with a magic mouse), that seems to work pretty well, too - but I don't see an actual horizontal scroll ball that you can easily use with a normal mouse.

There should be an easier way to set all the columns back to default widths.

1 vote
citizenten March 26, 2015

Thanks! You are right - column was too wide. But there was no "resize" icon when mouse on the edge.

To fix this I had to do this trick:

1. Start dragging Graph/Description columns
  2. Rest of columns showed up, but Description is still at the end
  3. Drag some other column to the end (took long time, as Description was very wide)
  4. Then I could shrink Description, as resize icon was available

For sure that's not the way it should be

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events