Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the tag name on finish hotfix/release?

bertoost November 6, 2014

When I finish a hotfix or a release, I can check a box for creating a tag for it. I really like this, but I do want to have version tags. Like v1.1.5 or such.

Let's say that the last one is v1.1.5, on a next hotfix finish this should v1.1.6 and on a next release finish this could be v1.2.0 or maybe even v2.0.0 (option?)

Is such thing possible to configure? Or am I stucked to do it manually after a 'finish' action?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

You have to do this manually - at least I haven't seen an option like this.

I usually do not use tagging on finishing a hotfix or release (in fact you can disable tagging, by disabling  the "Tag with this message"-option in the "Finish" dialogbox) to avoid setting an unwanted tag. Setting the desired tagname has to be done manually anyway ...

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2014

The other option is to plan ahead, if possible, and name your release/hotfix branch with the version number that you want the final tag to be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events