How to change the tag name on finish hotfix/release?

When I finish a hotfix or a release, I can check a box for creating a tag for it. I really like this, but I do want to have version tags. Like v1.1.5 or such.

Let's say that the last one is v1.1.5, on a next hotfix finish this should v1.1.6 and on a next release finish this could be v1.2.0 or maybe even v2.0.0 (option?)

Is such thing possible to configure? Or am I stucked to do it manually after a 'finish' action?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

You have to do this manually - at least I haven't seen an option like this.

I usually do not use tagging on finishing a hotfix or release (in fact you can disable tagging, by disabling  the "Tag with this message"-option in the "Finish" dialogbox) to avoid setting an unwanted tag. Setting the desired tagname has to be done manually anyway ...

The other option is to plan ahead, if possible, and name your release/hotfix branch with the version number that you want the final tag to be.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

262 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot