Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a tracked branch?

larrysms January 7, 2015

I have two remote branches named master and dev. When I go to pull from my remote dev branch to my local working copy, I get an alert saying, "Confirm Pull From Non-Tracked Branch - Are you sure you want to pull from a non-tracked branch?" Evidently, I am only tracking the master branch. How do I add dev to be tracked?

1 answer

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

If you double click the dev branch in the left panel, it should check out that branch and set it up as tracked.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Right-click the one under the Remotes/Origin node, not the one under Branches (if you have it there).

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2015

correction: double-click, not right-click

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events