How to add a remote when it's not hosted on one of the 4 you list

Ken Dunbar January 30, 2014

Our enterprise has it's own GIT server where we keep repositories. I need to be able to add a repository from that as a remote.

i.e. git remote add devproj git://mydomain.com/opt/git/devproj.git

Seems that the only remote hosts I can configure are the 4 you provide in the dropdown. How am I to add my own remote?

3 answers

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

Hey Ken,

Just add a repository and put your Git URL in it. You can do this from the bookmarks view on both Mac and Windows by just hitting the repository icon that has a "+" in it. Alternatively go to File > New/Clone.

Cheers

0 votes

File > New / Clone or clicking the + icon on bookmarks does not work. I am using SourceTree 1.8.1.

If I follow the above path, I get error under the Source Path / URL field that says.."invalid URL". If I clicke the globe icon to browse... I get 4 options only, none of which allow me to properly enter our private git address.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

If you click on the 'details' button when that error message appears it will tell you what's wrong.

Cheers

0 votes

Think I've figured this out. Menu: Repository > Add Remote

Allows me to add the remote URL there. That then lists the repository to enable me to push to it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events