Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Username

Devesh Mevada November 7, 2011

Hi,

How can I add different user name and password for different different repositary? Can you suggest me on that.

Regards,

Devesh

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2011

Do you mean change the user which is shown in the commits, or change the user/password used to communicate with remotes?

To change the commit user name, click on the 'Settings' button on the right of the toolbar in the repository window. Then change the details in the section 'User Information'.

To change the user/password for a remote, again in the 'Settings' area for that repository, edit the remotes at the top and include the username you want to use in the URL, e.g. https://youruser@host/path/to/repo. SourceTree will prompt you for the password if it doesn't already know it, or if the password is rejected by the server.

THanks for helping but after this I am getting below error while getting Updates from the server:

hg pull --rebase default

abort: outstanding uncommitted changes

Completed with errors, see above

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2011

That's a standard Mercurial message - you can't 'pull with rebase' when you have uncommitted changes.

Either commit your changes, or change the 'post pull' option in the Pull dialog to Update instead.

When I have changed Rebase to Update it shows me below alert:

When pulling from Subversion repositories, you must use the 'Rebase' option since Subversion history must remain strictly linear.

The post-pull action will be changed for you when you dismiss this message, submit the dialog again to proceed.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2011

OK, you didn't say you were using Subversion as your remote.

In that case, you must commit your changes before you pull.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events