How to Change my user ID & pwd in sourcetree.

Chen Xiong September 22, 2013

hi OP team,

There we meet an issue about how to change our user infor for 1 connection.

For SVN, there have a opption setting->save information->user information. via this, we can clear our user infor, when we do check out,commit,etc.. There will pop a window need we to input our user id, and pwd. via this we can change our use id and pwd.

Please kindly guide us how to change the user id and pwd on sourcetree tools. we really need this.it's urgent. please relay ASAP.

Regards

Thanks

Chen.

3 answers

3 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2013

If you're wanting to update the username and/or password for the hosted repositories:

1. Open the Hosted Repositories window by clicking View > Show Hosted Repositories or Command + Shift + H.
  2. Click Edit Accounts
  3. Double-click on the account to update
  4. Make the necessary changes
Nabaraj saha April 19, 2018

which version of source tree you are referring as in 2.3.1.0 this option is not showing.

sourcetree.png

I need this option. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.. 

Like # people like this
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

On Windows, you can edit the accounts by going to Tools > Options and clicking on the Authentication tab. From there, you can add or edit the accounts.

Like # people like this
chandra575 March 10, 2019

Thanks

0 votes
Vicky Ross May 14, 2021

Sourcetree/GIT credentials are found in Control Panel/System and Security/User Accounts/Credentials Manager/Window Credentials 

0 votes
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

Sourcetree is just a wrapper tool around your actual versioning system (git or mercurial). So, you can always login to your git/mercurial server and change your user options there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events