Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i push to Amazon Elastic Beanstalk from SourceTree?

Andrés Boedo February 3, 2014

How do i push to Amazon Elastic Beanstalk from SourceTree?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrés Boedo February 4, 2014

Ok, solved it with a Custom Action. Thanks for your help!

In case anyone wants to do the same thing, what I created was a Custom Action, which runs the script: /usr/bin/git with parameters aws.push.

3 votes
Andrés Boedo February 4, 2014

I'm sorry, I should have been more descriptive of what I wanted to do.

When you are using Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, and you want to deploy a new version of your code to a server, you "push" it with git using a special command:

git aws.push

This is quite similar to Heroku, and what I intended was to find a way to either: see the remote repository inside the beanstalk from sourcetree, or to just be able to run that command (or its equivalent) within sourcetree and have it deploy my code.

I've seen something similar to this achieved with heroku: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/multiple-environments

Is there any way to do this with beanstalk?

Thanks for your time

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

I don't think SourceTree supports either of these directly, since they require extensions to git (aws.push isn't a built-in git command). However, you should be able to get what you want pretty easily with custom actions.

In Windows, these can be set up in Tools > Options. For Mac, the tab is in Preferences.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

In SourceTree, "push" has a very specific meaning regarding an operation with the Git or Mercurial versioning systems. Amazon Elastic Beanstalk does not appear to be a versioning system, so I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events