Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i export a tag in the source tree???

zaman January 26, 2015

How do i export a tag in the source tree???

4 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

If you are willing to use the command line, you might be looking for git archive: http://git-scm.com/docs/git-archive

You could probably set up a custom action to run that if you wanted.

Whether you prefer to checkout the tag or export an archive really depends on the bigger picture of what you're trying to do.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

You need to check out the tag. You can do this by double-clicking the name of the tag in the list. (Between the Branches and the Remotes section in the greyish bar on the left side of the history.)

0 votes
zaman January 26, 2015

yeh, i am takling about git in window 8 i need to all files in a version of project...

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2015

Could you please explain what you mean by "exporting a tag"? Also, are we talking about Git or Hg?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events