Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update to 2.5.1 on Mac?

Lindsey Snyder May 10, 2017

After receiving an email about a critical security vulnerability starting in 1.4.0 up until 2.5.1 (Mac), I would like to update to 2.5.1. However, in the app when I check for updates, it tells me I am up-to-date on 2.4.1. Can't find a way to get to 2.5.1 in the app.

I was able to download 2.5.1 from sourcetreeapp.com, but seeing as I already have SourceTree installed, I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? (Hoping that is not the only option.)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2017

Hi Lindsey,

Which version of OSX are you using?  2.5.1 only supports OSX 10.11, or later.

Cheers,

Gary

Lindsey Snyder May 10, 2017

Gary, good catch! I'm on 10.10.5.

Thanks! -Lindsey

Dan Lipofsky May 10, 2017

OSX 10.10 is not end of life, and Apple is still releasing security updates for it, and is less than 3 years old. It seems that something you describe as a critical security issue would warrant a release for 10.10.

Carl Adermann May 10, 2017

Hi,

I'm using OSX 10.11.13.

Source tree is only updating itself to 2.4.1 and says when I check for updates "SourceTree 2.4.1 is currently the newest version available."

Do I need to manually install 2.5.1?

Thanks!

forcebytestudios May 11, 2017

Hi,

I'm using OSX 10.11.14.

Im having the same problem as Carl Adermann, I could only update to 2.4.1. After that update it tells me that I have the latest version.

I would appreciate any help from your side. 

Thanks in advance.

marmor007 May 11, 2017

Me too, OSX 10.11.3

0 votes
Vyakaranam Ramdev March 26, 2018

The Alternative To A Mac Upgrade

When you are using a Mac sometimes you can notice that over time your computer will be slower with a bit more lag than you are used to and that's because sometimes information gets truly clogged up and starts overlapping and really destroying the functions that should perform normally.  You do not need to upgrade your Mac anymore not with Detox your Mac.  What this program does is it truly helps to clean out everything in your Mac and make it function better and faster than it has in a long time.  Sometimes even restoring the factory quickly you had when you bought the computer to begin with.  When you use a computer it becomes absolutely filled up with useless files and copies of files which you thought you might have gotten rid of but the fact of the matter is that everything is stored on a computer until you can really get in there and clean it with a product such as Detox my Mac simply because it gets down deep into the computer to places that a normal Mac user wouldn't even go to look for things.  Understanding full well that Mac computer are not cheap means that instead of getting an even more expensive upgrade you can actually use this product to help clean out everything that need to be cleaned out and get your computer up and running at peak performance.

Within just a few seconds after starting the program you can have it go through hundreds of thousands of files getting rid of everything that is useless. Having a hard drive full of useless information really does make things so much harder on the computer itself and can be a true frustration to someone who really needs to just get the job done on the computer but instead they are having to wait longer and longer periods of time for loads and downloads or even for the initial startup of the computer before they can get anything done.  That's the great thing about Detox my Mac is that it takes your computer and goes through file by file and everything that is useless it will get rid of it and help restore the Mac back to a point where you can actually get what you need to get done without issues or waiting or even the dreaded crashing.  It's not the standard files it goes through it also goes through the logs which can totally slow down the whole function of the computer even though they aren't needed except for in development states that doesn't seem to matter, this program will truly get in there and with an intelligent nature it will get rid of all the log files.  It will also go through the language files and get rid of all the unused language files as well.  This is very important because it can take a huge portion of your hard drive just storing unused languages and this gets rid of all of it.

You will be getting with the Detox my Mac program the most innovative and powerful product in the world when it comes to this kind of software.  You get absolutely instant access to the program with a very quick download.  You will get totally free upgrades for life with this program as well which means that you will never again pay for another update like with most software you will pay a one time fee of $37.95 and you will have everything that you need at your finger tips.  You will have a safe and trusted program which is the industry leader in it's field, and that means that you get 24 hour a day 7 day a week support if any issue comes up.  You also get a 60 day money back guarantee which means that if for any reason you do not like what you've gotten or it didn't work as well as you'd expected in 2 months then you can return it for the full price you paid for it and not a cent less.  Detox my Mac is truly the best program you can get to help get your Mac back in factory fastness and standard. Read more here - http://detox-my-mac.com?1f5sd87f89S4DCS98D79Fs

0 votes
Dan Lipofsky May 11, 2017

If you're having problems on 10.11.x you might want to start a new thread for that, I don't think you can expect a respond in this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events