How do I stop the repeatedly prompts for user name and password from sourcetree?

Doug Sands October 5, 2015

What can I do to stop sourcetree from popping up, almost at random, a prompt for username and password? I started it this morning, successfully pushed a file without entering any credentials, and after a few minutes the popup began again. What do i do? Sometimes it will not ask for a day or more. Other times I have to close the app to stop the annoyance. This has been going on for quite some time and I believe I have tried the different fixes suggested at various sites online. One thing is certain. The checkbox whose label reads "Remember Password" doesn't really work too well.

2 answers

4 votes
Vitalii Petrychuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2015

Hi Doug,
Have you tried the suggestion from SourceTree Knowledge Base (see below)? Seems like it should fix your issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SOURCETREEKB/Keep+Getting+Prompted+for+Password+when+'Save+to+Keychain'+is+Selected

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2015

Hi Doug,

Are you running 

sourcetree on Mac OS? If so, please check this answer.

@Vitalii Petrychuk, your link seems broken sad

Vitalii Petrychuk
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2015

Fixed, thanks a lot.

rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2015

Hi Vitalii, Good to hear you fixed that :). If you don't mind, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Vitalii Petrychuk
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2015

You mean accept your answer? I'm not the question's owner so I cannot :)

Doug Sands October 21, 2015

Sorry for the slow response. I'm not used to checking here regularly. In the windows popup called Repository settings, the path is and has been correct. I am running SourceTree on Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events