Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the default clone option for Stash to use HTTPS rather than SSH?

Matt Baker May 16, 2013

If I want to clone a repository from Stash using SourceTree I have to change the type every time from SSH to HTTPS. Why can't I set HTTPS to be the default and have SSH be the option on drop down?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

There's been a slight confusion here with where the clone was initiated, Kieran thought it was via SourceTree's 'Hosted Projects' but in fact you're talking about the 'Clone in SourceTree' link in Stash.

In that case, this isn't a setting in SourceTree, because it just responds to whatever URL it is given. I'm not a Stash expert but I had a poke around in the Stash server I can get to, and I can't see an option to change the default preference. If you'd like to request this as a feature, please can you contact https://support.atlassian.com and raise a ticket under the 'Stash' project.

Matt Baker May 19, 2013

Will do, Steve, thanks.

0 votes
maehld September 17, 2013

I get a "Preferred Protocol" selection when selecting BitBucket or Github but not if I select Stash.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Hi Dominik,

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. This is mostly Stash's fault as we never exposed the SSH Clone URL from our REST, and so Sourcetree had no way of providing the option. Please watch/vote for the following.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2072

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Hi Matt,

This is because in your hosting accounts you can specify either HTTPS or SSH. It sounds like you've got SSH selected as the "Preferred protocol" which means when you select an account from Stash it'll use that as default.

Here's the screen I mean

You can access it by going to the clone tab and hitting the 'globe' icon next to the "Source Path / URL" input then hitting "Edit Accounts" in the top right-hand corner and selecting the account you'd be using.

Hope that helps

Matt Baker May 19, 2013

Keiran, where exactly is this setting? "In your hosting accounts" doesn't make sense to me. Is this setting in the Stash interface somewhere or in Sourcetree?

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Hi Matt,

I discuss how you can access it in my latter paragraph:

You can access it by going to the clone tab and hitting the 'globe' icon next to the "Source Path / URL" input then hitting "Edit Accounts" in the top right-hand corner and selecting the account you'd be using.

Hope that helps

Matt Baker May 19, 2013

Going to the clone tab where? I don't see a clone tab in Stash or Sourcetree.

Matt Baker May 19, 2013

Windows Sourcetree, Ubuntu Stash server.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Ah, are you using the Windows or Mac version?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events