How do I see my changes on localhost?

Mladen Mijatović September 28, 2016

I have installed and set SourceTree client on my computer, clone remoted files on my local repository, and come to the step - making changes and prorgamming...

So, I have to make some php programming, how can I launch my local repository files on my local computer? How can I check how does it work in browser? Do I need to use something like Xamp, ampps and similar...?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

It depends on the language you are programming in. If it's PHP (I'm guessing based on "XAMP"), then yeah, you'll need XAMPP or something similar.

Depending on what your programming language is, just search google for "how to setup <language> development environment". If you can't find any good resources there, try to find a QA site for that language to get help. There's no guarantee that anyone who has experience in setting up dev environments for your language on your OS is answering "sourcetree" questions on this site.

You'll also need to select a tool for editing code - again, search for existing resources, your selection will be based on personal preferences (what's important to you? feature set, performance, look-and-feel, etc).

I personally do develop PHP on Windows, and I find it easier to use a tool like VirtualBox to set up a Linux VM for testing code (still not easy, even when I've got 8+ years of experience installing PHP on Linux). I've used many different IDEs, and have yet to find one that is better than all the others in every respect. 

Mladen Mijatović September 28, 2016

Thanks on answer bro you really get the point!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events