How do I resolve a merge conflict with hgtags?

ralvy May 14, 2016

I seem to have a merge conflict with my hgtags file. Not sure how to resolve this with SourceTree.

I also have a hgtags.orig file, if that helps.

2 answers

0 votes
ralvy May 16, 2016

Before getting your reply, I noticed a small hunk marked as different the hgtags file. I chose to delete that hunk. Maybe that's why I had the .orig version. I then selected the file (it was still marked as conflicted) and chose to resolve the conflict with external diff software. But I didn't have any such software installed (I thought I had Beyond Compare configured with SourceTree, burt apparently not). After SourceTree failed to load any diff software, I noticed the file was no longer conflicted and all worked fine. I later configured SourceTree to work with Beyond Compare for the future, if I need it.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2016

If SourceTree has the file labelled as conflicted, you can right-click the file and choose "Resolve Conflicts" > "Launch external merge tool". You will need to have merge software installed and configured with SourceTree.

If it is NOT marked as conflicted in SourceTree (I suspect SourceTree may think you already resolved the merge since you have an .orig version), you can right-click the file and "Resolve conflicts" > "restart merge".

If you don't know how to merge in general, you should probably search the internet for tutorials. Explaining how to merge is a little too in-depth for a QA site answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events