Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I "continue" or "abort" an unshelve?

Owen Pellegrin September 15, 2017

I'm using SourceTree 2.3.1 on a Mac with a Mercurial repository.

I shelved some changes earlier so I could shift gears and make a different commit. I made that commit, then unshelved the changes. There were some conflicts, and it's left me in a completely broken state unless I break out the terminal.

If I try to commit, revert, or anything really, it fails and tells me "abort: unshelve already in progress (use 'hg unshelve --continue' or 'hg unshelve --abort')." It's cute that a GUI app asks me to input a command-line command, but frustrating because it doesn't offer an easy way for me to do it. 

Sometimes this happens when I try to rebase, and there's a "Continue" and "Abort" item in the Actions menu that lets me continue. In this case, they're both disabled. 

I was able to use the terminal to get past this, but it seems really dumb that the GUI won't let me choose "abort" without going to the terminal.

3 answers

2 votes
Nikunj Undhad January 9, 2019

This is really frustrating, do we any solution for this @Man ?

Its not allowing me to do anything else.

1 vote
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Hi @Owen Pellegrin

You are right. Could you please submit a feature request on jira.atlassian.com ?

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Mac Developer

Jason Wicker December 23, 2018

I can't get --abort OR --continue to work. They HG says it's not valid.

SO frustrating! 

image.png

Nikunj Undhad January 9, 2019

This is really frustrating, do we any solution for this @Man ?

Its not allowing me to do anything else.

Like sholyoak likes this
sholyoak May 7, 2019

It's been 18 months. Seriously? This can't be resolved? I can't get my repository into a proper state because the UI can't handle this, and like @Jason Wicker , the command line doesn't recognize the shelve extension! Extremely frustrating

0 votes
wyte_sk133 December 4, 2019

Make sure you check `hg shelve --list` that your changes are still there or do other types of backup.

Run `hg update --clean`. This should get you out of the "unfinished update state."

Run `hg revert --all` to clean the working directory.

Run `hg resolve --list` and mark all of the files as resolved.

Run `hg update` to switch to your intended commit then run `hg unshelve`.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events