Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I push individual Hg branches?

thomthom June 3, 2014

I have a repo at BitBucket which is public. However, I'm working on some changes I don't want to be visible until I release. For this I made a private fork of the repo where I push those secret changes.

But I still want to push changes to the other branches to the public repo. But I cannot seem to figure out how to push just some spesific branches. It appear to be all or nothing. Is this a Hg limitation? SourceTree limitation? Or have I simply not seen the option that control this? (I'm looking right at it, right?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
thomthom June 3, 2014

Found it. In the Push window, unfold the Advanced Options and then enter the branch name there.

I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to use when I found that field. I was searching for a while before I found references that mentioned it. Is there some UI documentation for SourceTree that mentions these fields? I wasn't sure what syntax to use in this field.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

I use Git, not Hg, and the Git push window gives you a list of branches, and you check or uncheck which ones you want to push.

Alternatively, you can right-click a git branch in the branch list and choose "Push to...", which brings up the push window with just that one branch selected.

I would be surprised if the Hg UI was significantly different.

thomthom June 3, 2014

I expected it to be alike as wekk - but the UI is different.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events