Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide merged remote branches in Sourcetree?

Robin Kruijt March 17, 2015

Using Git-Flow you end up with a lot of feature branches. In order to have a better overview I'd like to hide the ones that are merged. Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
izharaazmi March 17, 2015

Usually, we close the head and delete the source feature brach after it is merged into the main repo/branch.

Won't you lose the feature branch name in your history that way?

I believe the branch name is not that significant (however this is totally opinion based), only the commit is important and you are appropriately credited as the author of that commit post-merge in the main branch. Also the merge comment usually includes "merged some-repo/some-branch into main-repo/main-branch". I guess there is nothing to lose. What else do you think? Let me know if I am missing something!

Commits are important, and you are indeed right about the commit message including the name of the branch. We however do like the labels that Sourcetree(and bitbucket) adds for clarity. We would be happier if we could hide, or sort them based on their "merged" / "not-merged" state.

Regarding this, I have a feature request open at JIRA https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2977, vote it if that matches your needs or create your own at jira.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events