How do I get the full path in title bar of Sourcetree

Sébastien Tardif November 30, 2017

The title bar is very large but it only show one folder name, and I have 4 Sourcetree open on different 'folder tree' ending up with all the same folder name. I have difficulty to know in which Sourcetree instance/window I'm.

How can I get the title bar and then also the list of instance/window on Mac to have more context to be able to make a selection?

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 5.05.41 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Bookmarked repositories show their "display name" instead of the path's last component. You can rename a bookmark from its contextual menu. So you could name them Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 using the Repository Browser without changing what's on disk.

If you need to confirm which is which there's the macOS trick of Cmd+clicking on the title in the window's titlebar which shows a hierarchical menu of the file's path.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Sébastien Tardif December 5, 2017

Thanks for these two workarounds. I will make use of both of them.

Still, lot of application have this options of getting the short or long name, and that title bar is very empty right now. Please add the option of getting the full path on the title.

Also, if you think identifications should be more based on 'bookmark' the bookmark could be also with the folder name on the title.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events