How do I force Sourcetree to refresh Log/History commits?

CarlosMelo April 28, 2016

Sourcetree stop refreshing the log/history, and is not showing any new commits that have been done by my contributors. I set the auto refresh option to 5 minutes and I have refresh the view (F5) many times and it still doesn't work. I can see the changes on the repository from my Github Account, and it was working well until yesterday.  I also made sure to have the last software update so I'm not sure what else I can do. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

You aren't looking for a "refresh", which checks your local repository for changes. You need to "Fetch". I assume the "auto refresh" you mentioned is "Check default remotes for updates every X minutes", which SHOULD be running a fetch on a regular basis.

If a manual Fetch doesn't get any changes, maybe something has happened to your remote config.

CarlosMelo April 29, 2016

Thanks Seth, I also tried that as well, but the problem ended up being something else. The partition disk where I had my repository was corrupted and although it allowed me to view all my files, I was not able to edit or delete them, that is why sourcetree wasn't able to merge the new commits or even check if my repository was up to date. and as soon as I fixed the hard drive, sourcetree started working perfectly. 

Thanks anyway. 

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2016

Glad to help. I don't think anyone would reasonably suggest "maybe your hard drive is corrupted" as an initial troubleshooting step, but I'm glad you were able to identify and resolve it quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events