How do I delete an old unused bookmark in Sourcetree?

Louise Ryan August 31, 2017

I am new to using Sourcetree and struggling a bit!  Are there any good tutorials out there?  Are there any manuals?   When I click on the "help" option within source tree, I get an error saying that the url is broken.  

I have a couple of specific questions

1)  What does "refresh" do in Sourcetree?

2) I decided to reclone a Respository I am working with and then deleted an old version that I had messed up anyway.  I just deleted the local directory on my  computer.  However, the bookmark is still showing up for this old repository on Sourcetree. How do I make it go away??  

Thanks in advance if someone cares to answer :) 

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi the 'Help/Get started with SourceTree' menu option should take you here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree Hopefully that is of some use.

Is that the link you say is broken? Can I ask waht version of SourceTree you are running?

'Refresh' effectively triggers a git status call, assuming you are using git, The information from this is used to refresh the UI. There are then some additional calls made to git to get the lists of branches, stashes, the log etc.

If you are using the Windows version, right clicking on the 'bad' bookmark shoudl give you a context menu allowing you to delete the bookmark.

Louise Ryan September 3, 2017

Thanks for your reply Michael!  We are using version 1.9.6.1.   This is not something I have control over since I am part of a larger project where Sourcetree is one of the tools provided for us in a cloud-based Windows virtual environment.    

I think one of my challenges is that I have a Macbook, but am logging into a Windows virtual environment so "right-click" is hard to do!     

Again, much appreciated :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events