Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the SourceTree install path?

Gumml July 2, 2017

I received a message after an update of SourceTree saying SourceTree 1.9 won't receive any updates in the future and I should download the current version on the website, which I did. 

After double clicking the downloaded setup file, it silently installed SourceTree under C into my personal folder. I don't want it to be installed on C, so how do I change the install path?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi Markus! Changing the installation path of SourceTree is not currently possible. We have a feature request to allow users to change the location of the installer, you can find it at SRCTREEWIN-7168. If you'd like you can write a comment, watch the ticket for updates or vote for it.

Cheers,

Ana

Alexandre Belousov August 2, 2017

Hello, Ana!

The feature is needed indeed.

My user profile folder name contains cyrillic symbols, and after the default installation SourceTree fails to load plugins and start properly cause it incorrectly treats cyrillic symbols in the path :(

P.S. posted a comment in the bugtracker issue

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Thanks for adding your comment, @Alexandre Belousov.This will bring awareness to the developers :) 

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events