How do I add a repo on a remote server?

Zaki Aziz September 15, 2015

I have a git repo cloned on a server (server1 - linux) somewhere. I access this machine from my mac via ssh. The associated git host (remote: origin) is located on another machine (server2 - linux). I want to view the commits/changes on the server1 without cloning the git repo into my mac (local machine). 
Can this be done via source tree? 

1 answer

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

I'm not sure what the correct terminology is for Macs, but if you can mount the repository from server1 as a network drive, SourceTree will probably work well enough to view the repo.

However, many users have reported issues trying to manage repos on network drives with any git client. If you want to manage commits, merges, pulls, etc, I'd recommend a local clone.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Yeah, other than a directory mounting, I don't think there's a way to use SourceTree to view a remote repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events