How do I add a Git Hub account?

Ralph Johnson October 16, 2014

SourceTree installation included a prompt to add an account.  Drop down menu listed BitBucket, Git Hub, and I think one other.  I picked BitBucket because I was in the process of activating that account.  Now I'd like to add Git Hub as another account.  How? 

3 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

Try View > Show Hosted Repositories.

0 votes
Ralph Johnson October 16, 2014

It's academic. I was in the middle of a ruby on rails tutorial, begun using ruby 1.9.3 as installed by RailsInstaller (where everything is automatically installed and I don't have to learn a bunch of new stuff just to get it to run). Mid-tutorial, it required ruby 2.0.0, and simultaneously switched from GitHub to BitBucket. BitBucket suggested SourceTree. I didn't want to cut myself off from all previous work so thought I should set up an account for Git Hub as well. Apparently doesn't work that way. None of this matters anyway, because I can't figure out how to use ruby 2.0 with the current configuration (or change the configuration to utilize it). Everything is a 26 step process, and none of the steps are adequately explained without consulting 35 different bulletin boards with only partial answers, which have to pieced together like a Rube Goldberg machine. I would use an expletive here, except it would probably get me banned from this forum. Sorry for asking the same question twice, didn't mean to. Newb. Klutz. Sorry.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

Do you want to add it as a second remote to the same repository, or do you want to manage a second repository with SourceTree?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events