Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I updated my password for the remote repository?

Carl Räihä January 6, 2015

My password in the remote has changed and now I'm not able to push or pull anything from it. Previously Sourcetree asked for the new password in these situations, but not any more. My version is 1.6.12.0.

How can I make Sourcetree update the HTTPS password which it has stored somewhere for me?

2 answers

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

You can change the stored passwords in Tools\Options\Authentication.

Carl Räihä January 7, 2015

Thank you. Actually I tried it but there are no usernames visible. Maybe I should raise a support ticket for this, maybe a new bug has been introduced.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

That should mean that SourceTree has not saved any credentials. Do you perhaps get a well-hidden username/password window when you pull?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2015

Based on the version number mentioned, I assume you are on Windows. Balazs's answer is good for you, but I believe Mac users who find this question will discover that SourceTree uses Mac's Keychain, and may have to open that interface to modify credentials.

Carl Räihä January 7, 2015

You are correct. I'm on Windows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events