How can I split the Develop Branch this way with SourceTree?

ralvy May 19, 2017

Suppose I've been doing work on my Develop Branch and the current revision is Rev 150. I've been working a particular set of features starting with Rev 125.

Suppose I now I think I should have actually started a Named Branch at Rev 125 and left my Develop Branch alone. Is there a way for me to use SourceTree to go back to Rev 125 and make it and its decendants become a new Named Branch?

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Double click on the given revision and you are on it. You should be able to create a branch from there. Make sure its the right commit you are on and the right branch from which you intend to create your branch. 

ralvy May 26, 2017

I can see I didn't explain what I wanted clearly enough.

I want all the work I did from Rev 125 to Rev 150 (the Develop Tip) to become a New Branch that starts with Rev 125. So Rev 124 will become the Develop Tip, and all the work I did from Rev 125 to Rev 150 will become a Named Branch.

ralvy May 26, 2017

Here's an image of what I'd like to be able to do. The left scheme is the original and the right scheme is the new one.SourcetreeBranchingIdea.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events