How can I setup SourceTree when the "Atlassian account" step fails?

Steve Mitchell May 26, 2016

When I choose "Use an existing account" the login always fails. 

When I choose "Go to MyAtlassian" I logon to MyAtlassian without a problem, but nothing happens. I'm just shown a licensing screen while my SourceTree setup is stuck forever at Log in to your Atlassian account.

Using MacOSX 10.11.5 and I don't know the version of SourceTree because it won't go past the setup process.

I see from related questions that this was also a huge problem on April 12th. Is it broken again?

---------

I should also note that I tried to delete and reinstall SourceTree without any luck. After deleting and reinstalling I'm immediately taken to the "Atlassian Account" step. The "install" and "Atlassian customer agreement" steps are skipped. 

6 answers

0 votes
dfgchiang March 13, 2017

20170313 - same issue. Cannot get pass the Atlassian Account setup step. The "Use an existing account" option just spins and never finish (it is still going now as I write so it's not my internet connection). "Go to My Atlassian" option goes to a confusing web page saying you can download a registration key, but since you cannot get pass the Atlassian setup screen none of the Source Tree file menu works. Guess it's time to find another Git client.

0 votes
Anton Trapp December 30, 2016

2017 - still no way to continue past the "Atlassian account", I entered my data but you can't continue. Have to switch to another git client. Using Atlassian only when I have to (JIRA - customers). This really sucks.

0 votes
r b December 15, 2016

The product has lost its "shine" and is not getting love from Atlasssian any more. There are other deal-breaker bugs that also aren't being addressed. Check the community discussions. Maybe next year it will get some attention and become functional again.  Until then, I recommend you move on like the rest of us.

0 votes
Steve_Wilson_01 December 14, 2016

the same issue. any help

0 votes
Steve Mitchell May 28, 2016

The installer was from Atlassian, version 2.2.4.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

In terms of version...where did you get your installer? If you're using an installer for an old version, you might still be having the April 12th problem (rather than "again").

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events