How can I see closed branches in SourceTree?

a smith January 15, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

What exactly do you mean by a "closed branch"?

If you mean a merged and deleted branch, you can only see the commits that used to belong to it, but the branch name will not show up anywhere.

If the branch is not deleted, you can see it like all other branches.

a smith January 19, 2015

I mean a branch that has been closed with --close-branch $>mkdir st-closed-sscce $>cd st-closed-sscce/ $st-closed-sscce(default)>hg init $st-closed-sscce(default)>hg branch foo marked working directory as branch foo (branches are permanent and global, did you want a bookmark?) $st-closed-sscce(foo)>echo foo > 1.txt $st-closed-sscce(foo)>hg add 1.txt $st-closed-sscce(foo)>hg ci -m 'change log' $st-closed-sscce(foo)>hg branch bar marked working directory as branch bar (branches are permanent and global, did you want a bookmark?) $st-closed-sscce(bar)>echo bar >> 1.txt $st-closed-sscce(bar)>hg ci -m 'change log' # see both 'foo' and 'bar' in sourcetree sidebar $st-closed-sscce(bar)>hg up foo 1 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved $st-closed-sscce(foo)>hg ci -m 'closing branch' --close-branch ### no more 'foo' in sourcetree sidebar

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Ah, sorry I thought we were talking about Git. :) Based on these two topics: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3227988/closing-hg-branches http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2237222/how-to-correctly-close-a-feature-branch-in-mercurial it seems that the point of closing branches is that they are no longer visible in the branch list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events