Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I search for a certain commit based on message?

Torleif Berger June 11, 2014

This is a bit ridiculous, but I can't seem to find any way of search for a certain commit in my history based on the commit message. I know I did something in the past, and I need to know what it was. I know some of the contents of the commit message, so figured it should be easy to find with a tool like Atlassian SourceTree, but... is there really no search in this tool?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

In SourceTree for Windows, there is a search tab at the bottom of the page (File Status, Log / History, Search). Beside the search box is a dropdown to change whether you search by Commit Messages, File Changes, or Author.

Torleif Berger June 11, 2014

Oh, all the way down there. Hadn't even noticed those tabs were there O.o

Thanks!

Robert Chapman November 25, 2016

OMG, there is now also a Mac search! I had given up and then I found it on the left under the WORKSPACE thingy. Thanks.

Like yildiray mutlu likes this
Brandon Perry May 18, 2020

For more-recent builds it's in the left bar, not actually included in the History view (Sourcetree 3.3.4):

image.png

Like # people like this
edward71 September 11, 2020

I can't believe i missed that in the left-hand side.

0 votes
Vlad March 1, 2020

Quick-fire Search with Ctrl+3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events