How can I permanently remove this mysterious tab?

Zack Stout August 5, 2015

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing this rather strange "mystery" or "ghost" tab that auto opens upon starting SourceTree. If you wait (forever) the tab eventually finishes loading and it becomes apparent that the repo is for my C drive.

I have found no way of fixing this. I have uninstalled SourceTree, restarted my computer, reinstalled, followed by yet another restart and this mystery repo continues to show up.

I have followed guides online to do a forced cleanup, which also failed to remedy this problem.

Thank you to anyone who can help out.

mystery_repo.png

2 answers

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

To attack this from the other end...

Did you intend to make a repository of your entire C drive?

If not, make sure you can view hidden files and folders, then look for a .git folder in C:\. Delete it.

You may also need to follow Balazs' steps to remove a stored bookmark.

Zack Stout August 6, 2015

@Seth, Woo! That was a solution. I guess I wasn't aware that those .git folders acted as a tag for repos. Thank you.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

It's doesn't tag the repo so much as store the entire repo (except your working copy of the repo), but yeah, "my C drive is a repo" didn't sound like something you had done intentionally.

Pedro Luis Camuñas April 15, 2020

I had the same problem and I solved it with this solution

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2015

(Sorry in advance if any of this is trivial.)

• Close the mystery tab
  • Open the bookmark bar if not already open (CTRL+B)
  • Remove the bookmark for the mystery tab

If this does not solve your problem, it might be that the place where ST stores the state of the tabs is not writeable by ST. (Unfortunately, I don't know where that is.)

Zack Stout August 6, 2015

Balazs, I appreciate the advice. This was not a solution however. The bookmark bar does not show the mystery repo.

Thiếu tá Phạm Xuân Bách December 10, 2018

How to do this with version 3.0.12? I use windows 10 x64 but cannot see the bookmark bar?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events