Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I overwrite all my local changes and pull everything on the server to my machine?

Noah Yamamoto August 2, 2015

Without messing everything up, like last time I tried to work GIT by myself.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2015
  • Press the big "Discard" button at the top of the SourceTree window and discard all your changes in the dialog that comes up
  • Pull
Noah Yamamoto August 3, 2015

I'm using Mac, there is no "Discard" button, but there is a "Remove" one? Should I select all my files then click remove, then pull?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2015

On Mac OS it is called "Reset", between "Checkout" and "Stash".

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2015

Do NOT "Remove". That will remove files from the repo, and register them as additional local changes.

2 votes
caxix June 19, 2019

This is more difficult than it needs to be due to some inconsistencies and bugs. First of all make sure to be on the File Status tab. Then use the Reset... context menu or the reset button in the main toolbar (the Reset button is hidden by default (mac) and needs to be installed in the toolbar first). The reset menu item or button will often only become active once at least on unstaged file is checked which is awkward since it also handles the Reset All command and at times it may become impossible to activate these. Finally the file status after reset is not immediately reflected and there is no progress indication.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events