How can I fix "Invalid Email Format" for "User Details you wish to associate with your commits"?

Sean White August 31, 2017

Every time I enter my email in the email field for what user details are associated with my git commits, it reports that it is in an invalid format when it is not. Other times, it simply prompts me again when I press okay, but blanks the email field.

My email is in the format "sean.white@[company].com"2017-08-31 08_59_38-SourceTree.png

1 answer

2 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hi,

There seems to be an intermittent bug in that dialog. You shoudl be able to set the same information in Tools/Options/General tab as 'Default user information'

Sean White August 31, 2017

Weird thing is I already have that information entered, but I'm still being prompted.2017-08-31 09_33_18-Options.png

Sebastien Dan September 1, 2017

I also face this issue, even if my information is already right in Tool/Options/Genetal tab

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi
We're tracking this issue here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6758

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events