Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP REQUEST] FATAL ERROR: Network error: Software caused connection abort

jakub kruszewski July 18, 2015

Hello.

I need to kindly ask you for help, unfortunately...

I am struggling with some git/sourcetree fatal error, which stops me from cloning my repository.

I had to delete my local repository files and re-do the clone ( before that everything was working fine ), but now I cannot, because the download/clone process crashes after approx 1,5hour, that's the fifth time in row, when it happens, I don't really know what to do...  The repository size is approx 5,1gb.

Please please help me, try to use simple words, since I am not really into programming.

Thank you in advance

<ERROR MESSAGE>

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false clone --recursive ssh://git_fatdragondev@fatdragondev.git.cloudforge.com/new_rivenlands.git W:\repo_newrivenlands
Cloning into 'W:\repo_newrivenlands'...

FATAL ERROR: Network error: Software caused connection abort

fatal: early EOF

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: index-pack failed

Completed with errors, see above.

2 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

If you can't change anything on your end (see the answer by Balazs), you might try contacting the support at cloudforge.com. There is at least a possibility that the problem is not in the network connection, but on their side (they are the "remote end").

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2015

This is caused by a network glitch/timeout between you and the server. Unfortunately, the Git cloning process has no tolerance for this at all.

You can try any combination of these:

• Retry in another place / on another computer with higher bandwidth / lower latency
  • Keep retrying until it succeeds once
  • If there is an existing clone anywhere where you can access it (including someone else's computer), copy the whole folder from there (edit the stored credentials/clone URL, if necessary), switch to the branch you want to work on and pull.
jakub kruszewski July 19, 2015

Hello. Unfortunately any of your solutions did not wirk, still in need for help.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2015

There is nothing else you can do. You need to somehow acquire a valid clone to work with. Which of these have you actually tried? Do you have access to any clone of this repo on anybody's computer that you could copy?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events