Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyed out Modified files wont commit?

Aaron Lemke January 7, 2013

A friend and i are using SourceTree to make a game in Unity and i recently went through and reorganized all of the files and folders and deleted a bunch of extra files. Now when i try to commit however there is only one file with the yellow icon next to it and all the rest are greyed out. When i commit only this yellow file is available for pushing.

I am fairly new to SourceTree, but havent been able to find help elsewhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

When you say 'greyed out', do you mean they have an icon like a grey circle with a horizontal line? That means 'Missing' (if you hover your pointer over the icon you'll get a tooltip telling you what status it's indicating).

'Missing' files are those which used to be tracked but are now missing in your working copy, which is consistent with you deleting a bunch of files. Right now, your repository history thinks those files should still be there, so if you want to get rid of them permanently, you need to tell ST that you intended to get rid of them, and then commit this.

To indicate that you really did mean to delete the files, you can do one of 2 things:

1. Select all the Missing files and click Remove (right-click menu, or toolbar), or
  2. Just click the Add/Remove button on the toolbar, which will automatically mark any Missing files as Removed (and also add any untracked files that aren't being ignored)

Either one will turn these files into 'Removed' rather than 'Missing', which means the icon changes to a red version of the same icon. When you commit these changes, you permanently mark the files as removed from your repository.

Aaron Lemke January 13, 2013

Thank you that answered my question !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events