GitFlow finish feature with rebase doesn't work (WIN)

Johan Leino May 9, 2013

When I finish a feature in GitFlow and use rebase option I get this:

"Finish was aborted due to conflicts during rebase.

Please finish the rebase manually now.

When finished, re-run:

git flow feature finish 'myfeat' 'development'"

However, checking there are no conflicts and I can do it manually...through command-prompt

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

You can resolve this in SourceTree. Here's what happens and what you should do:

1. You Finish Feature with the Rebase option, and there are conflicts. SourceTree pops up a dialog saying you now have conflicts in your working copy that you need to resolve
  2. You resolve the conflicts using the file context submenu Resolve Conflicts - either use a merge tool, take one side or the other, etc.
  3. Once you've done that and there are no conflicts remaining, you continue the rebase. You can either do that via the Actions > Continue Rebase option, or you can use any Commit shortcut and SourceTree will prompt you to Continue or Abort the rebase anyway, because it knows the state and what should happen next.
  4. If more conflicts occur, repeat 2-3
  5. Once the rebase has finished, you will still be on the feature branch but the rebase has happened. So now you use the Finish Feature option again and everything will resolve.
Johan Leino May 12, 2013

Yes I know how to rebase and solve conflicts. The problem is that there are no conflicts. I think there might be a bug in the rebase option when finishing a feature. It doesn't seem to work through the UI. If I do a manual rebase it works without any conflicts. It is the windows version btw.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Yeah, I was testing this on the Windows version as well, and I couldn't reproduce that error with or without conflicts. Will try again.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

My bad, I had a symlink hanging around in my embedded git version which was hiding this silently. Logged here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-548

Johan Leino May 12, 2013

so this fix will be in v 0.9.3 as I understand...or? btw, great feedback from you guys!!

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Yep, I squashed it yesterday so it will be in the next update, 0.9.3. This will go out via our new installer / update system BTW, as discussed here: http://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2013/05/13/new-installer-updater-for-sourcetree-for-windows/. I was not intending to do this update until next week though, can you manage until then? If it's a major problem for you we can possibly give you an out-of-band patch release in the mean time.

Glad to help!

Johan Leino May 13, 2013

no worries...I'll hold on

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events