Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git LFS in Bitbucket with Sourcetree

JoshuaNW January 22, 2017

Hi, 

So it should be said that I am ultra noob, I am more of an artist than a programmer and so forth. I am currently setting up a game design project in Bitbucket, we usually use Bitbucket for system based stuff with the limited assets we need for testing. The current project we need to move over is way larger than that, around 4.2gb with the gitignore in placce, and around 6gb without it.

So I started off by creating a new repo, got it all setup file wise and such. Then proceeded to move the files I need into that new folder, I setup the git ignore accordingly and then proceeded to setup git lfs via: Repository > Git LFS > Initialize Repository  after this i went through the steps of installing it and then tracking the files I wanted to which are: .fbx .obj .png .jpeg .asset. After this was setup and I could see the git attribuites file ready to commit I then did the very first commit selecting every file and typing in a message as usual and then hitting commit. This took a while as it was 19k items. Everything worked fine, and I proceeded to push it, this also went fine.

But my Git LFS is empty on bitbucket, and the normal storage is 1.2gb full only having files that I didnt mark for git lfs.

So currently I still have all my files locally, but the required files that I tracked with git lfs is not on bitbucket.  

Sorry for the long explanation!  

2 answers

0 votes
messiem April 5, 2017

Probably not useful anymore since it's been a while, but since I just ran into that issue and it took me a while to resolve it, in case it can solve some time for someone else...

For me I had to issue a "git lfs push origin master" just prior to "git push". I didn't see any mention of this in the documentation, but without that command my files never made it into bitbucket.

0 votes
JoshuaNW January 24, 2017

Bump?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events