Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git Issue | not all machine getting proper updated code

Tridip Mitra August 10, 2016

We are facing major issue in Git sync between different machines(client). We are using Source Tree git client. Suppose one person commit some code, after taking update one machine get the update but other machine not receiving the same update.We are not sure when the issue will occur.

This issue is occurring from few months back. 

5 answers

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

SourceTree by default uses internal versions of Git. Not all versions are the same. This can potentially create different interpretations of what files are changed and what to pull. I have no experience with Beanstalk so I cannot attempt to answer what might happen on that side of the system. At this point I'd be synchronizing my client installations to eliminate them as the cause. Update older version clients to SourceTree 1.8.3 and see how it goes. I have seen lots of unhappy users of 1.9.x clients so I would advise against going past 1.8.3 which is working well for me. 

0 votes
Tridip Mitra August 22, 2016

any update?

0 votes
Tridip Mitra August 15, 2016

any update?

0 votes
Tridip Mitra August 10, 2016

> Source Tree version : 1.7.0.32509 , 1.8.3.0 , 1.6.21.0

> No, all version are not same.

> No Bitbucket, We are using Beanstalk

> code pushed successfully. During pull all client not get proper code.

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

Needs more information.

What version of SourceTree?

Is same version on all clients?

Are you using Bitbucket remote repository? If not Bitbucket, what repo?

Are clients pushing immediately to remote repo? It's easy to forget to push. You can avoid this error by setting "Push to default/origin remote when commiting".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events