Git Flow on Windows ver. 1.7.0.32509 not working

Cian Walsh January 14, 2016

I have a repository hosted on Bitbucket which I am attempting to use through SourceTree. However, whenever I try to run the Git Flow command, I recieve a list of error messages during the process that looks like this:

sh.exe C:\Users\usewr\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow init -d
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 56: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/gitflow-common: line 161: git: command not found
Using default branch names.
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/gitflow-common: line 161: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/gitflow-common: line 73: git: command not found
No branches exist yet. Base branches must be created now.
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 93: git: command not found
Branch name for production releases: [master] 
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 131: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/gitflow-common: line 166: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/gitflow-common: line 73: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 146: git: command not found
Branch name for "next release" development: [develop] 
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 188: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 197: git: command not found
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/gitflow_local/gitflow/git-flow-init: line 198: git: command not found

I have checked the folder specified in the error messages, and there are files in the folder which correspond to the names of the commands.

What is wrong with my installation?gitflow.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
klevinlaughs January 21, 2016

I had the exact same thing. I went to tools>options>git then switched from system git to embedded git.

I'm not sure if it's the same source of problem for you though. 

Cian Walsh January 22, 2016

That worked perfectly thanks, possibly something do with a difference between Windows and Linux or something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events