Getting "Could not authorize request with the available token. Please re-authenticate. "

Bryan Kalkhoff January 21, 2018

I'm sing sourcetree 2.7 on mac 10.13.2 and every time I try to connect my account to the sourcetree app it gives me this "Could not authorize request with the available token. Please re-authenticate." 

Not sure what to do, I know for sure I am typing my password and email correctly. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Can you please remove any keychain items Sourcetree has written to your keychain, remove accounts in Sourcetree, restart and add the accounts in Sourcetree? Also, make sure that Sourcetree has written the necessary keychain items when you add the accounts back.

Thanks!

Bryan Kalkhoff February 16, 2018

Sorry for the late response, it still isn't working. For some reason it won't let me clone a repository from my account. I did update my sourcetree thinking there was a bug patch and even that wouldn't work

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

This error is displayed specifically when the refresh token is not available in case of OAuth or there is a wrong password stored for basic auth. Please remove the account in Sourcetree and add it back again. That should get you working. 

You can also remove the application support folder to see if it helps. This can be found here - ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree

Bryan Kalkhoff February 19, 2018

That worked thanks!

tarwin May 18, 2018

I've tried all of the above. Removed any internal links to. Removed the support folder (I just lost all my settings WTH).

Seriously ... it was working fine. Now I'm screwed!

tarwin May 18, 2018

Using v2.7.3. Just upgraded because the old way of logging in wasn't working anymore.

What can I do to fix this? I've already lost all my settings (by deleting the directory). I don't see SourceTree items in KeyChain.

?

Like forcestatus likes this
Manju
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2018

Can you please add the accounts in Preferences - Accounts tab again and verify that they are working?

Kaushik Poria June 3, 2018

Hi,

I also tried all of the above but still getting same error.

Tried re adding the account

Tried re installing the app

But still not working

there are no key chains.

Like forcestatus likes this
Manju
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2018

Please update the app to 2.7.4(175) for security updates with the new version of git. Should you see the same errors, please add screenshots of the account configuration errors and logs from ~/Library/Logs/Sourcetree/ 

You can quickly access the logs and set log level by enabling Debug menu in Sourcetree. You can navigate to Advanced tab in Preferences window and enable the debug menu check box. With that, you will see a new Main Menu Item next to Help and this has all the necessary options for logging. Please enable Authentication Logging and Set Log Level to Verbose.

Kaushik Poria June 30, 2018

Hi Sorry for the late reply. Updating the app has solved my issue now.

Thanks!

Singé August 22, 2018

Hi, I am getting the same issue and I have done all of the above, can anyone help? 

thank you!

Justin Christian April 10, 2019

I have this issue on 3.1.2 (216). Cannot get past it and have tried several different forums.

0 votes
Josh Fialkoff October 15, 2018

I get the same error in the log.

Here is a screenshot of the account configuration errors and logs from ~/Library/Logs/Sourcetree/ 

Monosnap 2018-10-15 10-44-04 sourcetree keychain.png

: "Error - Could not authorize request with the available token. Please re-authenticate."

1. There are no entries for Bitbucket in Keychain
  2. I tried to re-login via Google SSO and Sourcetree hangs. Here's a screencast: http://take.ms/c225f
  3. I have the latest version of Sourcetree:Monosnap 2018-10-15 10-50-55.png

What other steps do you recommend to solve this? I thought I heard of decoupling Bitbucket from the Google SSO, but I don't see a way to do that now.

Thanks,

Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events