Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GIT LFS - Post-Merge hook not working?

John Robe April 8, 2016

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of implementing my own git-lfs server using Sourcetree as the main GUI to work with it. I noticed LFS support in 2.2 and got very excited because I've been having huge issues with repository size.

So anyway, I've successfully implemented the server, and everything seems to be working great, except that when a file is pushed using GIT LFS on a different clone it's never pulled until I do a manual git-lfs pull through the menu (Repository->GIT LFS->Pull LFS Content). I understand that git-lfs is still essentially in Beta; but I believe that there needs to be an addition to sourcetree for LFS enabled repositories for either a separate pull button for GIT-LFS, or for the Pull button to automatically do a git lfs pull after it's completed the regular git pull.

Or, am I wrong, and is there a way that this can currently be done?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I learned a bit more about smudges, and it appears that the lfs tag in the .gitattributes file for merge i.e. (merge=lfs) should be fixing this problem, but it doesn't appear to do so. Also, git-lfs is initialized properly according to each sourcetree window, under repository. So I'm not sure what's going wrong here.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Robe April 8, 2016

Found out that the problem was that I wasn't waiting long enough to check the file. The smudge happened without me even knowing, and relatively soon after the pull I was able to open the file. 

Interesting problem though, probably something I should report to the feature tracker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events