Frequent Crashes

Since one of the more recent app updates Source Tree has been crashing frequently (roughly 20 times in a day).  Typically the crash occurs when I'm trying to stage changes, or update a repository, or commit changes, or occasionally when I'm not even doing anything in the program.  Every time it crashes it reverts my open projects and it's generally really frustrating to use now.  Any advice on how to stop it from crashing?  I've been submitting the bug reports.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It seems like after the latest windows update the problem has stopped.

This widget could not be displayed.

Could you please specify if this happens on macOS or Windows and provide the links to your bug reports here? 

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Mac Developer

Sure.  I'm using Windows, and I'm not sure how to link the bug reports.  They are submitted via the "your program has crashed" interface that comes up after the program crashes.  Next time it happens I'll see if there's something to indicate how I'd get a link to it.

It's crashed a few times since I posted this, but in the bug report UI that pops up I don't see a way to be able to get a link to the bug report.  Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

871 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you