Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free or not?

Tommy M June 2, 2013

Is SourceTree really free?

In the EULA it states

(i) For evaluation, using the software for up to 30 days free of charge, or
(ii) After purchasing a single license, using the software on a single computer, OR
using the software on multiple computers so long as it is the same person using it

30 days of evaluation isn't free to me, so what is correct?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

It is free. Refer http://sourcetreeapp.com/faq/

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

Click on the link - What's this about registration?

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2013

This looks like some legacy wording. It used to cost > $0.

I started an evaluation of SourceTree exactly 30 days before Atlassian announced that they'd purchased it. So on the day I was due to purchase it, Atlassian reduced the license cost to $0. Nice. That's free as in "free beer" in my mind.

I think the existing licensing mechanism remains though: Get a license. Install it. Use the product.

0 votes
Tommy M June 3, 2013

Great :-)

I downloaded the SourceTreeSetup_0.9.4.exe from http://sourcetreeapp.com/ (redirected here from the Atlassian site), started the installation and it asked me to check box that I had read and accepted the EULA that was part of the installation in file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Atlassian/SourceTree/extras/licenses/eula.html

0 votes
Justen Stepka [Atlassian] June 2, 2013

Can you let us know where you found this?

We'll get this updated to correctly reflect that SourceTree is free.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013
This is the usual punishment for reading EULAs. You always end up wondering. AFAIK is free.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events