Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free SourceTree ro Windows license confict

vvkuznetsov May 3, 2013

I've tried SourceTree on Mac and have got trial lecense for it. It expired and now i can't use free client for windows. It's connecting to my account and after check license fail to run. And I don't want to change my account.

help me please.

It's how error looks

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=3302BD30FA4D7D41&id=3302BD30FA4D7D41%21344

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Sorry about this, a server-side change to the licensing system had an unexpected knock-on effect on the online registration system in Windows. I'm fixing this for 0.9.2.2, but in the mean time you can perform the registration manually like this:

1. Go to https://my.atlassian.com/license/sourcetree and log in with the details you already used
  2. You should see your 'SourceTree Free License' in the Licenses page
  3. Click 'Download your SourceTree license' on the right hand side, this will download a file called sourcetree.license
  4. In the SourceTree registration window, click the button 'Import License...', and browse to this file

Apologies for the inconvenience!

vvkuznetsov May 5, 2013

Thank Steve.

It had helped. I could make it myself but I misunderstood phrase "Support Expires" "04 Feb 2013"

I thout that my license expired and it's meaningless to download it.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi Valentin. Just as a sidenote, SourceTree is completely free, it's just after 30 days we require you to signup. There's no implications of this signup, just that we use it to gather statistics on usage. Are you saying here that you registered on Mac and it caused this problem on your Windows version of SourceTree?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events