Fossil SCM support

André Braga February 13, 2013

Hello,

Fossil (http://fossil-scm.org/) is a mature, fully-featured source code management platform, including its own DVCS, a Trac-like ticketing system, and a wiki. It is actually the SCM used by SQLite and Tcl/Tk, which is as traditional as it gets. It's also very scaleable and space-efficient.

It would be lovely if SourceTree supported Fossil in addition to Git and Hg. You probably have a lot of the infrastructure done already, and it only helps that the Fossil license is BSD-like.

Thank you for considering!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll keep it in mind, but I have to be realistic and say it's probably not that likely given the comparatively small user base of fossil compared to Git/Hg.

André Braga February 14, 2013

Kind of a chicken-and-egg situation, I think; "build and they shall come" is very likely, not to mention the visibility boost that Fossil would receive by being incorporated into SourceTree. Were there a plugin interface for SourceTree, I'd probably contribute the Fossil support myself.

I'm not affiliated to them by the way, just an enthusiastic user of both Fossil and SourceTree :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
André Braga February 19, 2013
I'm going to close the question as requested by the Answer System, still hoping for Fossil support (honestly, their logo would look so much better on SourceTree than Git and Hg's ;))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events