Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward slashes are causing me problems

Chris Rebel November 3, 2012

Sourcetree is having trouble with forward slashes in the git commit messages. I'm getting error messages like the ones below when trying to view these repostories where the head commit has a forward slash.

11/4/12 12:20:27.706 AM SourceTree[45500]: 'git log' failed with code 128:'fatal: ambiguous argument 'CR/MM': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.

Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

'

11/4/12 12:40:27.901 AM SourceTree[45500]: 'git log' failed with code 128:'fatal: ambiguous argument 'test/test': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
'
11/4/12 12:46:07.787 AM SourceTree[45500]: 'git log' failed with code 128:'fatal: ambiguous argument 'origin/master': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
'
I believe this happened once before and blowing away the preferences files worked as a fix, but I would love to know if there is some other way I can address this problem.
Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

That's strange, because I and many others use forward slashes in branch names all the time, it's not only always the case for remote branches, but when you're using git-flow, most branches have prefixes with a slash in them.

Please can you provide more details about what version of SourceTree you're using, your repo state and the gitconfig you're using (locally and globally).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events