Force opening file with SourceTree TextEditor

Hello, I have a internal software  producing file with  extension  (*.par)  , but inside it is a XML file.

SourceTree do not shows me the difference between commit.

Can I force sourcetree to  consider *.par like *.xml ? without changing the windows file extension association.

I still want  the file .par to be open with  my internal software when  i double click on it.
I managed to make a "custom action" to open it with Notepad++, but it does not shows ma the difference with the previous commit.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

SourceTree does not decide whether to diff or not, it relies on Git to determine that. There are some solutions and specific causes for what you are seeing here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6855712/why-does-git-treat-this-text-file-as-a-binary-file

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the answer, it help me to look in the good direction to solve it .

cheers
fred

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

724 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you