For the newest version, what happened to the menu listing all my repositories?

Michael Greenwood May 2, 2017

In the previous version i had install there was a window view on the left that listed all my repositories.  The new version i have does not have this, and i cannot find an option to bring it back up.

Is it gone??

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
multippt May 3, 2017

Unfortunately the sidebar feature is gone. For whatever reason "improved user experience" means ripping out good and usable features. I happened for 1.8, and every version forward.

When opening a new tab (click the + button beside the last tab), it will show the list of repositories on the right and provides something similar to the old sidebar view, although in a more harder to use manner.

Patrick Permien May 4, 2017

I like the new UI. As always, it's subject to personal habits and perception of usage convenience.

Corneliu Maftuleac May 4, 2017

No it is not!

I used to had 50+ projects in my projects overview, now I am supposed to click 40 times on the left to go to the right project, and then baaaack... like a fcking moron.

Erik Blake May 6, 2017

@Patrick Permien - maybe it works if you have 3-4 projects, but when you have dozens of them, that used to be organized/groups in a hierarchical tree structure in previous SourceTree versions, then this new flat view (with gobs of useless white space between each item) makes the program very frustrating to use.

I think I'll go back to 1.8.3 that had everything I needed, including staging files with one click and economical mouse movements.

I think Atlassian should change the name of the program to SourceList.

0 votes
tuanpham_bugboxgames May 8, 2017

please bring it back :(( i had >10 projects and a project had >3 submodule.

0 votes
Patrick Permien May 3, 2017

Hi Michael, it is easy to explain what happened: The repository overview on the left hand side was replaced with the tabs which are located on top. See release notes for details: https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/#SourceTree2.0AnnouncementWIP-TabsandHeader

Is it gone??

Yes, looks like.

Also see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-questions/Please-re-implement-the-repository-treeview/qaq-p/582435

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events