For the newest version, what happened to the menu listing all my repositories?

In the previous version i had install there was a window view on the left that listed all my repositories.  The new version i have does not have this, and i cannot find an option to bring it back up.

Is it gone??

Thanks

4 answers

Unfortunately the sidebar feature is gone. For whatever reason "improved user experience" means ripping out good and usable features. I happened for 1.8, and every version forward.

When opening a new tab (click the + button beside the last tab), it will show the list of repositories on the right and provides something similar to the old sidebar view, although in a more harder to use manner.

I like the new UI. As always, it's subject to personal habits and perception of usage convenience.

No it is not!

I used to had 50+ projects in my projects overview, now I am supposed to click 40 times on the left to go to the right project, and then baaaack... like a fcking moron.

@Patrick Permien - maybe it works if you have 3-4 projects, but when you have dozens of them, that used to be organized/groups in a hierarchical tree structure in previous SourceTree versions, then this new flat view (with gobs of useless white space between each item) makes the program very frustrating to use.

I think I'll go back to 1.8.3 that had everything I needed, including staging files with one click and economical mouse movements.

I think Atlassian should change the name of the program to SourceList.

Hi Michael, it is easy to explain what happened: The repository overview on the left hand side was replaced with the tabs which are located on top. See release notes for details: https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/#SourceTree2.0AnnouncementWIP-TabsandHeader

Is it gone??

Yes, looks like.

Also see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-questions/Please-re-implement-the-repository-treeview/qaq-p/582435

please bring it back :(( i had >10 projects and a project had >3 submodule.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

647 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you