Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font used for UI is unreadable

rainwarrior November 1, 2017

Here's a screenshot of how a typical dialog box looks in Sourcetree (2.3.5.0 but the problem was the same in earlier versions).

In general everything is too small and looks distorted. It is very hard to read ANYTHING at all across the entire Sourcetree program.

Even in this one case, where I am allowed to choose a custom font for Diff (and Diff only), there is no way to even get that to render cleanly; there is weird distortion around every letter no matter what size I pick (see the sample text in the screenshot).

Why does Sourcetree use some strange custom font like this instead of native fonts in a readable size, especially ones with proper hinting for non-antialiased rendering.

Is there any way at all to fix this? It looks terrible and is makes the program difficult to use.

sourcetree_ui.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2017

Hi Brad, at the moment there's not a fix for that but this has been reported at SRCTREE-1286. I've left an internal comment for the developers to see that this is still an ongoing problem, you can also leave a comment there if you'd like to.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Regards,

Ana

rainwarrior November 4, 2017

Alright, thanks. I have left a comment on that issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events