Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed: The installer for SourceTree update to 2.2.x cannot proceed after logging into id.atlassian.com

Andrew Alcock April 11, 2016

I got prompted to update SourceTree from 2.0.x to 2.2.x today. SourceTree downloaded the installer and proceeded to install the update. On restart, SourceTree update installed prompted me to log into my Atlassian account. I did so in the pop-up window provided. Each time I logged in (either using Google auth or the username and password), the pop-up window ended up in my id.atlassian.com account update page (in other words, I am absolutely confident I logged in) with no way to proceed (see attached screenshot):

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.48.07 AM.png

I tried both using Google OAuth as well as the username/password.

I proceeded to delete the cache in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree. This still did not allow me to proceed.

What I need is the ability to proceed past the account page.

Update at 9am on 12th April 2016, UTC: I have received a message from Atlassian support that they are currently investigating. Let's hope for a speedy resolution! 

Update 10:30am on 12th April 2016, UTC: The issue is resolved. I have been able to log in - looks like everything is good to go!

Hypothesis is that an update on id.atlassian.com broke login, but this was fixed on the server side. 

33 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Way too many "me too"s on this. Just vote up the question guys, "me too" is not an answer.

Windows users are having this issue too: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38380806

Looks like Atlassian changed something about the id.atlassian.com page that breaks registration.

1 vote
Jason Steele April 11, 2016
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Support tickets aren't public, so let us know the outcome of it.

Jason Steele April 12, 2016

The issue should now be resolved. (Check the Update and comments in OP)

1 vote

I also have this problem with SourceTree for Windows version 1.8.3.

1 vote
jinwei lin April 11, 2016

I have same problem.

1 vote
Jonathan Smith April 11, 2016

Exactly the same issue here. Tried downloading again and re-installing. Presumably the problem is on their website side.

Alessandro April 11, 2016

Hi Jonathan, I have the same issue. If i reinstall, probably i am going to lose my settings. Did it happened to you?

Alessandro April 11, 2016

-ed

Jonathan Smith April 11, 2016
I would assume so but since I can't get through this stage I can't get Sourcetree open to see what settings are there smile
Andrew Alcock April 11, 2016

@Alessandro - The update keeps the settings, but deleting the existing config (eg in Libraries/Application Support/SourceTree) will lose your settings

1 vote
Andrew Zoltay April 11, 2016

Same deal for me.  Maybe it's something in the name. wink

0 votes
Eric Feigenson December 29, 2016

Eight months later... and I'm having the exact same problem, upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2.3 (I think) with Mac 10.11.6. Can't access Jason's ticket, so I'll guess I'll create a new one.

Update: Never mind... I deleted my ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree folder, logged out and back in via the SourceTree application, and it says it completed my registration smile

0 votes
makerdude August 4, 2016

Same problem here.

0 votes
Jason Steele April 12, 2016

Got a response from Atlassian saying that it has been fixed

0 votes
hj nuecke April 12, 2016

It's working again!

0 votes
MaheshDhakad April 11, 2016

Its working fine now ...

if you have same problem then first uninstall Source tree from your system and again install or follow installation all  step .

0 votes

Atlassian have responded to the support ticket to say that their engineers are working on it.

0 votes
Dean Wang April 11, 2016

same problem.

0 votes
hj nuecke April 11, 2016

same here; must be a server problem. Hopefully they'll wake up soon wink

I just saw your update, thank you!
It is good to know they work on it!

0 votes
kbernage April 11, 2016

Me too.

0 votes
L Retvari April 11, 2016

Same here, can't proceed after successful login.

0 votes
Gergely Agoston April 11, 2016

same issue here

0 votes
Shivaprasad R Badiger April 11, 2016

same problemo!!!!!!!

0 votes
0 votes
kuno vaik April 11, 2016

I stay to the old version, same problem

0 votes