First view of repository doesn't remember width of columns since last sessions

Henrique Tavares March 10, 2015

The first time I open/re-open a repository (after closing SourceTree), the width of the file columns is not remembered and defaults to a very narrow column, as you can see in the following image (notice bellow the commits, the column with the files is very narrow and even though I open it up, the next time I open the repository it defaults to the narrow version):

error.jpg

Can this be fixed please? I would prefer it to remember the width of the column from the last session...

I'm using SourceTree 2.5.0.2 in Mac OS X 10.8.5

2 answers

0 votes
edoardo April 12, 2021

Please fix this.
Make the SourceTree application remember (save in the configuration) the columns widths and order when closing it, so in the next session, they'll be in the same order and with the same width that the user arranged them in the previous run.
The "Workspace" left panel width should be already saved from what I see, but please make sure it is true.
The default size for the "Commit" column should also be expanded by 2 characters at least.

It is quite annoying to resize/reorder columns at each run of the application.

Thank you in advance for the consideration, please reply.

(in the following screenshot - SourceTree 3.4.4 on Windows 10 in fullscreen, captured 12th of April 2021 - I put red rectangles around the UI objects I talked about: all the main columns Graph, Description, Date, Author, Commit.
Their custom width is reset each time I run SourceTree and this is quite annoying)

SourceTree_Workspace+columns_Widths.png

0 votes
Lawrence Dol July 15, 2015

It also doesn't remember the column order, which I find particularly undesirable since I like the date and commit ID between the graph and description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events